Thursday, May 22, 2014

Front and Center

As the weekend gets nearer, I am getting more excited. Why? It's a three day weekend!! That means an extra day for DIY projects. I am planning some new things to put on Etsy in the very, very near future. Stay tuned for  the upcoming unveiling. I also plan to spend time with friends and Blueberry Vodka Lemonade (my ode to summer drink) on the patio.  But until then, I've been loving the look of my Spring Wreath on the front door, but then... then I got the bright idea to use this basket as the foundation that will work for most of the year on my door.  Any thing I do for Memorial Day can also be used for the 4Th of July and again for Veteran's Day, that's a lot of "miles out of one design".

                      I have had this basket for a long, long time.  Here's how I used it for my Spring door



With Memorial Day a couple of days away, I decided to swap out the pink and white tulips, and the pin/burlap bow for something more patriotic. Of course while battling insomnia I turned to Pinterest.
And here's what I saw that I liked...

                         I love the blue striped ribbon and bow. Once the fabric is cut it would only take a great movie to watch while you tie  and you're done!!
                                                                     via

  A fun cluster of mini flags. Looks like 2 items needed, a Styrofoam wreath and lots of mini flags on toothpicks.



This is a very creative was to show your patriotism.



  The natural element lifts this up a notch.


   Here's the quick and budget friendly encore for this basket.  By the time I had finished it,( OK,ok I'll admit I didn't start until about 9 pm), it was too dark to photograph it on my red door. But I think I'm really going to like it.





 What do you think?  $4 at the dollar store and ribbon from the garage. I don't usually like blue flowers, but these help me say   " Thank you for making the ultimate sacrifice for our country " Enjoy your Memorial Day, but don't forget to remember why we celebrate.







1 comment:

  1. I love all things red white and blue. Your basket turned out great, Tina!

    ReplyDelete