Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Summer Converse Fun


Hi all,

Summer is in full swing and I am loving it! I haven't spent too much time in the garage working on any big DIY projects but I do have one I plan on starting soon. But that doesn't mean I haven't been working on anything. Here's what I have been doing lately....
If you follow me on instagram (and if you don't, you should!) I posted a pic of a gift that a friend requested for her grandson. It started out like this...
and this...
...and this is what he unwrapped !






I decided to use different fonts for each name that I embroidered on the vest.
I really like how it looks!




                                                  Chains and studs were also added.
                                               


                   
Well, from there, I've kinda gone custom Converse Crazy.  After making his items, I had to try something for a little girl so I found out that my great neice loved Dr. McStuffins. Okay, Not having little ones at home I have to admit I had to Google Dr. McStuffins to see who/what she was. How cute is this....

 
 A three peice set , Shoes, vest and tutu!!

I found a denim vest at Target that was just her size, found the shoes while on a minivaca in Florida ( excellent price at the Navy Exchange) and Cassie tried her hand at making a tutu!  I love it!









All of these peices have some embroidered elements. The kids shoes all have embroidered patches or appliquee that I made.

Well, next came the big girl, Cassie. We found these pink "No Tie" Hightops and decided to try our hand at an ombre effect. Well, let me tell you what we learned, not all Converse are dyed equally. Even in a mild bleach solution, these went for pink to white in seconds. Oops!

                                                               Original Shoe.

                 So armed with toy buckets and a bottle of Rit dye, we created our own ombre.





                                                         Blinged Ombre Shoe

Well, I couldn't be the only one without a pair of custom Converse Shoes so....
          




Here's my pair. White low cut Converse with pearls on the toe and three rows of pearls up the center back and of course a turquoise monogram!!

And this is only the beginning, I have a pair of Hulk Shoes, Iron Man and white monogrammed high tops to finish. And I will be selling them in my Etsy store by July 10th. 

What do you think? Would you rock a pair of custom Converse?






 photo signature_zps7c00ce20.png

No comments:

Post a Comment